Out4Blood & El_Cap's Rise of Nations Strategy



Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Adjusting on the Fly
Over at Apolyton, HalfLotus has stumbled onto how RON is meant to be played.
I've gone through several phases: booming, rushing, classical stuff, medieval stuff, raiding, etc. With each new build or strategy I try, I find it to be generally effective, but nearly impossible to "maximize" due to the numerous changing factors from game to game (maps, rares, etc). Rather than try to maximize the efficiency of a certain strategy for each map type, rare resource combination, and nation match-up, I'm having more success (and fun) adapting on the fly to a strategy that is best suited to my current resource situation.
UPDATE: I differ from this opinion in that I feel its possible to "wargame" certain situations ahead of time and have some sort of objective and strategy. You may find that in-game activities force you to alter your plans somewhat, but at least you have a default.


Comments: Post a Comment