Out4Blood & El_Cap's Rise of Nations Strategy



Tuesday, November 04, 2003

We get mentioned!
Over at the Infidels Rise of Nations Recorded Games site, someone posted a 3v4 game I played with the TWC boys. It was supposed to be a 3v5, but one of the opposing players dropped at the start, so we played on. Not much to look at, but I just stumbled on this and so thought I'd mention it.

<RANT>

It did spark a discussion I had with Tann: why do players SO OPPOSE playing with skill settings? Instead of playing with 3v5, why not just do +10 skill settings? Hmmmm? I was in another game with 3 BLUTs, 2 TWCs, and me. I suggested BLUTs vs., but they wouldn't have any of it. "We got a newbie on our side," was the response. !??! So random teams is better?! Why not just use the skill settings and play set teams. That way you can start to develop some clan/team strategies. Something that seems sorely lacking. And even if you don't do set teams, shouldn't you still use the skill setting to balance out poor players?! Isn't that what it's for?! I think so, but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

</RANT>


Comments: Post a Comment