Out4Blood & El_Cap's Rise of Nations Strategy



Saturday, December 06, 2003

Choosing map and civ in rated
Got my butt handed to me my Commnader_Biggun in a rated game - he was British and the map was Mediterranean. I have a "no preference" setting but I think that is bad strategy form the start. Clearly if you are choosing British and sea maps, then you'll have a distinct advantage over land map civs. Maya is not over-powered on sea maps. In fact, in this case they are severely outclassed. You can view the game here. But it is over early. Med maps are too tough to raid on and British easily control the sea. GG.

BTW, this game demonstrates just about the perfect strategy to play British on this map. SCI1, COM1, then fish boom and grab the center island. You win! Raiding is easily fended off because of the narrow access and once you control the sea and the center, you can strike anywhere on the map.


Comments: Post a Comment