Out4Blood & El_Cap's Rise of Nations Strategy



Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Who are the best players in RON?
Someone posted this flamebait thread in MFO. However, El_Capitan crafted such an extremely well-thought out response that I just had to link to it. I think he hit the nail on the head though with this comment:
Out4Blood - If there was an Einstein for RoN, this would be the guy. I guest-write for this guy's blog because he's so scientific, it scares me. I, on the other hand, am quite the opposite, and prefer trial by fire. Besides, I think his actual talent is being held in check by his wife, so it grieves me to not to see how good he could've been as a player.
To be fair - I am usually more seat of the pants, but when you can't play as often as you like you have to think about the game more. However, even if I were to play more often, I probably wouldn't be much better. I'm not sure my micro is up to par like it used to be. Too old. Besides, I've always been more of a "win by strategy" guy than a "win by micro" guy, anyway.


Comments: Post a Comment