Out4Blood & El_Cap's Rise of Nations Strategy



Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I'm not so stupid after all...
I felt pretty dumb after EC asked if Lakota could make use of captured farms. They can't build them, but can they farm ones they capture. My response was that it hadn't occurred to me at all. "I'm so ashamed." Here's why.

When you capture an enemy city their farms disappear!

Well no wonder I never tried farming before. The granary is a different story. When you capture an enemy city, the granary remains; you can research the food tech but it does NOT increase the +5. It probably helps with fishing, but I didn't test it.

This farm disappearing bit can have a pretty big military impact. Now you can raid by taking cities. Even if it is suicide and you cannot hold it, he loses all his farms which could put a pretty big damper on an economy, even if he fends you off. Can't really tell from SP whether those farms COMPLETELY disappear or just don't show up for the Lakota player. More research is needed.


Comments: Post a Comment